Saturday, June 19, 2010

Get to know Springvale Soap, Red Thimble and West James Gallery


Two local business women are advertising on my blog and I would like to introduce them to you.

Springvale Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap

Deb from Brandon, WI is a wife and
mother who decided to start making her own soap in 2009. There are no fancy ingredients or claims...just simple, homemade soap made in a farm-house kitchen by a small-town girl. Deb is a real nice lady and her customer service is outstanding.

A bit more about Deb....

My name is Deb. I'm married, have two teenage sons, work full-time, and am Wisconsin-born and -raised. I've spent my whole life in the same south-central Wisconsin area. Yes, friends, Springvale is a real place.

My interest in handcrafted soap began accidentally. As I grow older, I find myself taking more interest in all-natural, earth friendly and local products. While grocery shopping one day, I noticed a bottle of hand soap and did not recognize the brand. Thinking it might be local, I stopped to have a look. It was not local, but when I got home I decided to look it up online anyway. One of the Google results took me to the blog of a woman who was reviewing that soap. There was a mention in her post about another soap she'd been trying . . . goat milk soap.

I'd never heard of goat milk soap! I was intrigued. I followed her link to the site she ordered her soap from, did a little reading, and was so curious I ordered a bar for myself. While waiting for my soap to arrive I read more and more about handcrafted soap. I was hooked. Using my newly arrived bar sealed the deal. As I continued to read about soap I was amazed to find how many people actually make their own. I was equally amazed by how easy it seemed to be. Relatively quickly, I was diving in with an 'I can make soap!' attitude . . . and learning as I went.

I dove into this curious new hobby with
both feet. Almost instantly I had too much soap and started handing it out to family, friends, and coworkers to try. I needed feedback and it was overwhelmingly good. Seems most people around me are as curious and amazed by handcrafted soap as I was! People were almost immediately telling me to sell, and after a lot of dragging my feet on *that* part ot it . . . here I am.

Whether you try my soap or not, I thank you for stopping by.

Have a wonderful day!

~Deb

Interested in buying Springvale Soap:







Red Thimble & West James Gallery

Red Thimble.....

Kim Bates is from Columbus, WI and she is a fiber artist and owner of West James Gallery. She uses vintage tablecloths and fabrics to design hand bags, quilts, pillows, aprons, jackets and other fun items. She loves to sew and collects thimbles.

West James Gallery.....

West James Gallery is located in historic downtown Columbus, Wisconsin. It’s a fun gallery featuring arts and crafts by local and area artists. The gallery is a great place for shopping and you can find a unique and fun gift for a special someone. There are so many beautiful items you’ll find for sale including framed photography, jewelry, candles, hand-carved walking sticks, paintings and alpaca products to name a few. Kathy is always a joy to talk to, knowledgeable and helpful with finding just the right gift for a friend or for yourself.

Location: 128 West James Street, Columbus, Wisconsin
920-623-9096
Store Hours
Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday & Monday

Find out more about Red Thimble and West James Gallery...



1 comment:

Springvale Soap said...

Thanks for the feature. :)

Kim's shop sounds great!

~Deb