Sunday, June 20, 2010

Favorite Eco-Friendly Personal Care Products

Like all women I enjoy shopping and trying new products. When my family switched to buying eco-friendly products a few years ago I tried many products before I found ones that worked great for my family. Here are a few of our favorite products I can’t live without.

Why I love it---no animal testing, paraben free, 100% natural


I tried many shampoos and conditioners before I found Yes To. The
‘green’ shampoos I first tried were runny, barely created any suds and left my hair feeling heavy. One day I was searching at Walgreens and found Yes To shampoo & conditioner. Yes To was founded in 2006 and is a consumer inspired line of skin and hair products. They are made from high-quality organic fruits, vegetables and a special
mineral elixir derived from the Dead Sea to help hydrate and nourish naturally. There are four collections--Yes To Carrots (normal-dry hair), Yes to Tomatoes (fine, limp or thin hair) and Yes to Cucumbers (color treated). The shampoos and conditioners smell fantastic and are affordable too. You can purchase Yes To products at Walgreens, Target, Whole Foods, Hyvee, and online.

Why I love it....no animal testing or ingredients, sustainable practices, no artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives.

I love, love, love my Tom’s of Maine Cinnamon-Clove toothpaste. I searched for an alternative to my cinnamon Crest toothpaste I was using for a few years. I wanted an earth-friendly, non-toxic, animal friendly toothpaste and I found it in Tom’s of Maine. They use only natural ingredients, recycled packaging and give back 10% of profits and 5% of paid employee time to communities. Best of all it’s made in the U.S.A. Toothpaste can be purchased online or in stores like Walgreens & Whole Foods.


Why I love it....No animal
testing, 100% vegan, organic

This is one of the best smelling scrubs I have purchased. It’s a gentle warming exfoliator that contains crushed cocoa beans, organic sugar, honey, shea butter, vitamin E, safflower seed oil and walnut shells. It’s reasonable priced and can be purchased at Target and online.




As bunny friends, buying cruelty-free products is very important to our family. Rabbits are one of the many animals who suffer and die each year in animal testing labs across the world. It’s cruel, immoral and needs to be stopped. No animals should have to suffer so we can look, smell and feel beautiful. Our greatest weapon is our pocketbooks when we buy cruelty-free products.

If you would like to understand the issues surrounding animal testing, what is being done to stop it and what you can do as a caring consumer...check out these websites......

Pugsley says thank you! :)



No comments: